The Office of Curriculum and Instruction would like to invite families and students to participate in helping us refine the selection process for our Core Instructional Resources. In alignment with the Board of Education’s Goals and Guardrails and our goal to become the fastest-improving large urban public school district in the nation, we seek to provide students with equitable access to high-quality, standards-aligned, evidence-based instructional resources that support their academic achievement. Selecting core instructional resources is a necessary first step.
We are preparing to engage in a process to solicit proposals from businesses and organizations that specialize in developing instructional resources. In the request for proposal (RFP) process, we will be asking for core instructional resources in the following areas:
- PreK -12 Math
- PreK-12 English Language Arts (ELA)
- PreK-12 Science
- Grades 3-12 English Language Development (ELD)
- K-12 Special Education Supplemental Resources
To learn more, provide feedback or apply to be an active participant in the selection process, click HERE.
You are also invited to meet the vendors that submit proposals at our upcoming Vendor Meet and Greet. The event will be held at our Education Center 440 N. Broad Street on the following dates:
- Saturday, March 18, 2023 (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM)
- Sunday, March 19, 2023 (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
- Monday, March 20, 2023 (9:00 AM – 7:00 PM)
To learn more about our vision for curriculum and instructional resources, attend one of the weekly information sessions held every Wednesday from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM. To register click here.
- Listen to an audio recording about the “Instructional Resources Information Overview.”
- View the presentation “Instructional Resources Information Overview” Presentation
- Read the two-page “Instructional Resources Information Overview” document
- Visit the “PreK-12 Core Instructional Resources Website,” which will provide all stakeholders with up-to-date information regarding the RFP.