Family Academy: Courses and Training (FACT)
Welcome to FACT! Family Academy: Courses & Training offers FREE in-person and virtual workshops for families and other members of the School District of Philadelphia community. Our workshops support personal growth, student success, and greater connections within our schools, communities, and city. Partnering with academic institutions, community organizations, School District departments, and other providers allows FACT to bring you expert-led content that you can use to support yourself and your family. Whether you want to update your resume or learn about the school selection process, FACT is here to help!
FACT Live Workshop Calendar
- Click on the workshop title to the left to view the description, provider, and information to join the session.
- You can join as many workshops as you would like! Registration isn’t required unless otherwise noted.
- To learn how to join Zoom sessions by computer, app, or phone, please click HERE.
- Language interpretation is available in multiple languages for all workshops but must be requested at least eight (8) business days in advance of a workshop. To request language support, please fill out THIS FORM.
FACT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I access FACT workshops?
FACT workshops are offered in a few formats:
- Live & Virtually: Virtual FACT sessions are held on the digital platform Zoom, which can be downloaded HERE. Pre-registration is NOT required unless noted. If you are having technical issues with Zoom, please visit their support page.
- In-person: As we still navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we will begin to hold a few in-person sessions as health and safety protocols allow. The time and location of in-person activities will be clearly listed on this website and other FACT advertisements.
- Pre-Recorded Videos: This year, FACT will post videos specifically designed for the FACT YouTube page, which you can view and subscribe to HERE. This is in addition to the recordings of live virtual workshops being posted within 72 business hours of the workshop.
Is FACT free? Do I have to pay for anything?
It is totally FREE to participate in Family Academy: Courses & Training (FACT) workshops. In-person and even some virtual workshops may have free books, materials, and other giveaways to supplement your learning. Unless otherwise noted, in-person FACT events will offer snacks, drinks, SEPTA fare cards, and other giveaways.
Are FACT workshops available in other languages?
Interpretation is available for FACT workshops in all District supported languages, but MUST be requested at least eight business days before a workshop. REGISTER FOR LANGUAGE TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION HERE.
Cantonese | Indonesian | Mandarin | Spanish | Vietnamese | Portuguese | Albanian | Arabic | Georgian
Malayalam | Russian | Tajik | Ukrainian | Uzbek | French | Khmer | Urdu | Pashto | Haitian Creole
Persian/Dari | Burmese | Karen | Bengali
Where can I ask questions about FACT?
Family Academy: Courses & Training is operated and supported by the Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE). Questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-400-4180, Option #5. The languages hotlines are listed below:
- Shqip (Albanian): 215-400-8480
- عربي (Arabic): 215-400-8481
- 汉语 (Chinese): 215-400-8482
- Français (French): 215-400-8483
- ខ្មែរ (Khmer/Cambodian): 215-400-8484
- Português (Portuguese): 215-400-8474
- Русский (Russian): 215-400-8485
- Español (Spanish): 215-400-8489
- Việt (Vietnamese): 215-400-8486
FACT Video Library
FEATURED WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS
Supporting LGBTQIA+ Students
Pathways to Graduation
Mental Health: Supporting Students in the District
Addressing Bullying & Harrassment
Additional Adult Learning Opportunities
Stay Updated and Spread the Word
Help spread the word about FACT with the flyers below! You can also find social media reminders on the District’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or you can sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates.