Family Academy: Courses & Training (FACT) is designed to serve as the gateway to mobilize family engagement in schools, by promoting families as schools’ allies in fostering students’ academic success and enhancing community partnerships to best serve students’ families. By partnering with internal district departments, academic institutions, community organizations and other agencies, FACT offers courses, workshops, and lectures designed to support and inspire parents and caregivers to become leaders and advocates for their child’s learning, resulting in greater school and community improvement. As confidence grows, parents and caregivers transfer their learning to the home and join their children in fostering habits of good health and lifelong learning.
Family Academy: Courses and Training (FACT)
What is FACT?
The 6 Learning Strands
Select a Learning Strand below to view a schedule of related workshop sessions.
CLICK HERE to see a full listing of all workshops.
Family Academy's Objectives
The Family Academy: Courses and Training initiative intends to build the capacity of families to be actively engaged in their child’s education. The goal of the program is to empower, engage and educate parents and caregivers by providing training, resources, and access to skills and services to enhance their personal well-being and that of their family to:
- Increase family involvement and engagement to assist with children’s learning at home, in the community, and at school.
- Provide opportunities to help parents strengthen their parenting, literacy, and English language skills to foster conditions at home that affect children’s efforts in learning.
- Provide opportunities and support for parents and caregivers to achieve their personal academic and non-academic goals.
What does FACT Offer?
- FREE Courses – Featuring 6 Learning Strands!
- Breakfast / Dinner
- Child Care (with Pre-registration)
- Language Interpretation (Upon Request)
Where does this take place?
The School District of Philadelphia
440 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19130