2023 Summer Meals
Information for Summer Programs
What programs can participate in the Summer Meals Service?
If your program meets the requirements below, you are eligible to participate:
- The program is approved to operate in the district site(s) in which they intend to register for meal service.
- The program runs between June 26, 2023 and August 4, 2023
If your program doesn’t meet minimum meal participation requirements, Your summer programming staff will be responsible for distributing meals and must complete the required training. (Additional information and guidance provided in the Administrative Guidelines for Summer Programs.)
2023 Application for Summer Meal Service
If your program meets the eligibility requirements listed above, follow the steps below to apply.
Section 1. Complete the 2023 application. Applications for summer meals must be received by June 1, 2023. If you provide information after this day, we can not guarantee food on the first day of your program and we will do our very best to service your students as soon as we are able.
- You will upload your program roster as part of the application process. Must include First and last name of students.
- The application includes a training confirmation that verifies the Program Coordinator understands the regulations and guidelines of the Summer Program. You will be prompted to review and verify you have read the program and training information on the third page of the application.
- Complete ONE application per program per year.
- If you have already completed an application and ONLY need to update the roster of students, click here.
- If you have an issue with the Summer Program application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 2: UPDATE ROSTERS
- USE THIS LINK FOR ROSTERS UPDATES. If your program enrolls more students after the initial roster submission, Re-upload your updated roster here. Include all students enrolled in the program.
- We can not send more meals than the total number of students on your roster; please ensure your roster is current.
Section 3: Program Guideline Highlights
- Daily attendance MUST be provided to food service staff by the on-site program coordinator or designee daily.
- Once meal service starts, requests to increase or decrease the number of meals delivered to your location take three working days ( 72 hours) to be adjusted in our computer and routing system. We can not accommodate next-day requests.
- Deliveries are made daily for service the following day.