As part of the Promoting Adolescent Student Health (PASH) grant, the Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) administers the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) every other year. The survey covers six topic areas, including:
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence,
- Sexual behaviors related to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection,
- Alcohol and other drug use,
- Tobacco use,
- Unhealthy dietary behaviors, and
- Inadequate physical activity.
This survey is conducted in cities and states across the United States, and it is one of the most important national data sources on youth risk behaviors that lead to death and disability.
In spring 2021, the YRBS was administered to a random sample of high school students at 30 randomly selected School District of Philadelphia (SDP) schools. Use the buttons below to download summary graphs and detail tables of the 2021 YRBS results as compiled by the CDC.