About the District-wide Survey
The District-wide Survey is a tool for capturing feedback from the school community on five key topics related to school improvement—climate, instruction, leadership, professional capacity, and parent/guardian-community ties. Questions are asked of each group to gather overall feedback about each school.
The surveys reach thousands of students, teachers, principals, and parents/guardians annually, helping district and school leaders identify what is working well along with areas that need to be improved.
How are the survey results used?
Hundreds of ways! Click here for some examples of how results are used by district offices, schools, partners, and parents!
Are you a District leader with QlikBAM access? Click here for a Guide to Using DWS Results.
Click here to access District-wide Survey data on our Open Data site. You can then download a Zip file that contains student, parent/guardian, and teacher response data from the District-wide survey for those schools that met the response rate thresholds in each available school year. The data includes school name, ULCS code, response rate, and percentage of respondents that selected each response to each question at the school level. There is also a Zip file that contains all respondent data for all available years.
- 2018-19 District-Wide Survey Overview of Results (Slide Deck)
- Perceptions of Instruction and 9th Grade On-Track Rates (3-page Focus Brief ) (July 2019)
- Representativeness of the 2017-18 District-wide student and parent/guardian survey results (6-page Focus Brief) (February 2019)
- District-wide Survey Responses about School Safety and Climate, 2015-16 to 2017-18 (9-page Focus Brief) (February 2019)
- District-wide Surveys Response Rate Summary (2-page focus brief) (December 2018)
- District-wide Surveys Technical Report (November 2018)
- School Climate and PSSA Performance, 2016-17 (2-page Focus Brief) (March 2018)
- The Relationship between 2016-2017 District-wide Survey Responses and Student Achievement Data in Philadelphia (March 2018)