The annual District-Wide Survey for Philly public school students, families, and staff
Resources for 2022-23 Survey Administration
The full 2022-23 Response Rate Tracker contains response rates for students, parents/guardians, teachers, and support staff.
The original Parent/Guardian Survey Response Rate Tracker is still available here.
Click the button below to view a slide deck with detailed information and a library of resources for promoting the survey at your school.
Click the social media image below to open a high quality version.
Then right click and choose “Save image as…” to download the image for social media, emails, newsletters, etc.
About the Philly School Experience Survey (PSES)
Each year, the Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) administers the School District of Philadelphia (SDP) Philly School Experience Survey (PSES) to Philadelphia public schools in both the District and Charter sectors. This survey, which is administered to students, parent/guardians, teachers, school support staff, and principals/assistant principals, measure six key topics related to school improvement:
- Climate – Areas affecting the school environment: school mission and vision, respectful relationships, student safety and support, and challenges to student learning.
- Instruction – Student engagement and how students, parents/guardians, and teachers feel about the quality of teaching and learning at their school.
- Leadership – How school leaders communicate and implement their school vision, how they manage their responsibilities, and how they perceive their level of autonomy.
- Professional Capacity – How school staff work together, what types of professional development teachers receive, and if teachers feel supported in growing and innovating in their classrooms.
- Parent/Guardian-Community Ties – How schools reach out to and communicate with parents/guardians, what parents/guardians think about these efforts, and how parents/guardians are getting involved with their child’s education.
- Equity and Inclusion – How often issues of race, ethnicity and culture are addressed in schools, the extent to which all students and staff feel they are valued members of the school community, how integrated and fair school is for students from different backgrounds, and the extent to which schools promote an anti-racist professional culture.
The Philly School Experience Survey is one of the best tools we have for assessing different perspectives across topics. Your responses each year are also essential measures of progress related to our new Board Goals & Guardrails. For more information, contact the PSES Survey Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-22 Survey Results
Explore each topic and question in detail using the District-Wide Survey dashboard.
See District-Wide Survey highlights along with other school information, such as enrollment and assessment data, using the School Profiles website.
View, print, or share results for individual schools using the 2-page school summaries.
- School leaders reviewed their results at the October 27-28 Leadership Convening.
- The Board of Education discussed District-Wide Survey results related to Guardrail 1: Safe and Supportive Environments at their November 17 Action Meeting.
- Results were presented in the Research Roundup on December 13.
- Click the button below to see more examples of how we use the data!