The Office of Financial Services, a division of the Chief Financial Officer; the Office of Special Finance is dedicated to:
- Issuing long term debt and short term debt for the capital program and for cash flow needs of the District.
- Expenditure oversight and fiscal control for students placed outside the District schools.
- Preparation and submission of child accounting reports to Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Support of Special Education health services through the generation of Medicaid revenue and distribution of these funds to support Special Education students in achieving their IEP goals.
- Distribution of funds to charter schools and educational management organizations (EMOs).
- Securing and promoting revenue enhancement opportunities for the District.