Every school has an assigned Accounting Compliance and Control Monitor (ACCM) to assist in navigating through their fiscal needs. The ACCMs support schools to ensure that their fiscal controls and compliance activities are working in accordance with applicable School District of Philadelphia guidelines, Federal, State and City regulations and policies. They also ensure that internal controls are functioning in accordance with accounting principles, government accounting requirements, and School District of Philadelphia fiscal policies and procedures. There are five ACCMs in the General Accounting department.
Some of the essential functions of the ACCMs are as follow:
- Provides technical assistance and training regarding accounting and financial policies and procedures compliance.
- Trains school administrators on the Student Activity Fund Manual and the Schools Funds On-line System.
- Reviews bank reconciliations prepared by the financial designee.
- Confers with principals to assist in the assessment and monitoring of operating budgets.
- Works with schools on completing purchases of goods and services.
- Staffs the accounting help desk which can be reached at 215-400-4520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performs periodic TransPass reporting reviews.
- Assists in Principal Financial Transitions (Section IX).
- Liaison on behalf of the school with procurement, legal, accounts payable, internal and external auditors and vendors to ensure compliance and controls are working.