The Environmental Unit provides environmental regulatory compliance services for all departments of the School District.
- Conducting environmental site assessments (Phase I and II).
- Designing and monitoring environmental abatement and remediation projects.
- Administering the School District’s asbestos management program in compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act.
- Conducting lead in water testing for all schools on a five year cycle.
- Managing the School District’s universal waste program.
- Conducting Indoor Environmental Quality assessments.
- Managing permits, inspections and compliance requirements for all School District regulated Above and Underground Storage Tanks.
- Responding to hazardous material releases according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Administering the School District’s sustainability management program.