The Office of Leadership Development at the School District of Philadelphia in partnership with Temple University and The University of Pennsylvania is proud and excited to announce the formal launch of the Pathway to Leadership Principal Preparation Program. This unique opportunity, beginning in the summer of 2022, will combine traditional principal certification preparation classwork, coaching, and mentorship, as well as tailored and specific training to prepare strong leaders within the School District of Philadelphia. Our program seeks to diversify the pipeline of leaders seeking assistant principal and principal roles within the School District of Philadelphia. We invite future equity-centered leaders of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage future leaders of color to apply.
The Program Provides:
- Significantly subsidized tuition (one time $25,0000 scholarship) for a principal certification through Temple University or The University of Pennsylvania
- Assigned mentorship with a School District of Philadelphia (SDP) Principal
- Coaching support from the District’s Office of Leadership Development on SDP focused competencies
- Regular after school workshops strategically designed to set new leaders up for success with SDP-specific practices
- A supportive cohort model with other developing leaders
Candidates Should Be:
- Currently employed within SDP and committed to being a leader within the School District of Philadelphia for a minimum of three (3) years after the completion of the program
- Dedicated to equity with a particular interest in eventually leading a neighborhood Elementary, Middle, or Comprehensive High School
- Currently serving in a leadership capacity (eg. teacher leader, coach, climate manager, building rep, SPECM)
- Willing to complete embedded coursework beginning in the summer of 2022 through the spring of 2023
- Willing to complete an unpaid summer clinical experience
- Available to attend classes in the evenings each term commencing in Summer 2022
- Prepared to apply for a school principal or assistant principal position in the SDP upon completion of the certification program
- Willing to complete additional courses at their own expense to complete a master’s degree program if the candidate does not already hold a master’s degree in a related field
Interested candidates should look here for further information.
Please contact Lauren Miller, Office of Leadership Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.