Workers’ Compensation

1. Once I am released to return to work by the Workers’ Compensation doctor, must I also be cleared by the District’s doctor in Health Services?

No. Workers’ Compensation differs from the policy for non-work related injuries in this regard. Once the Workers’ Compensation doctor releases you to return, then you may return to work based on that release.

2. How do I report a claim for one of my injured employees?

A claim can be reported in one of two ways: (1) a claim can be called in to PMA Claims Management (1-888-476-2669) or (2) if you have access to Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can file online at PMA.com pursuant to the instructions provided to all supervisors and appearing on the Principal’s Information Board (PIB). Instructions for filing a claim.

3. How soon after my injury must I report the claim?

You are required to report your injuries as soon as possible. Delaying the reporting of your claim can result in a compromise in your rights.

4. How do I report an injury?

If you are injured at work you must immediately notify your supervisor or principal. Your supervisor or principal will contact the School District Incident Desk. He or she will then report the claim to the School District’s third party administrator, PMA. PMA will issue a claim number so that you can obtain medical treatment from an authorized medical provider.

5. Can I report my own injury?

An injured employee MAY NOT under any circumstance report his or her own injury. In general, when a claim is reported by the injured employee, it will get flagged as a potentially fraudulant claim. The injured employee’s supervisor or principal are the only persons authorized to report a claim.

6. Under what circumstances do I have to report a claim?

Any time an employee of the School District tells you (or you otherwise learn of) an employee in your school or on your campus having an incident, you must report the incident to the Incident Desk and to the TPA, even if: (1) the employee says s/he does not need any medical attention, (2) or if the incident does not appear to be work related, or (3) you suspect that the claim is fraudulent.

7. What if my supervisor refuses to report my claim?

If your direct supervisor or principal will not report the claim, call the Office of Risk Management 215-400-4590 to advise us of the situation.

8. What should I do in the case of a true medical emergency?

In the case of a true medical emergency, get to the closest hospital emergency room as quickly as possible.

9. If I suffer an injury at work, with whom am I allowed to receive treatment?

If you are injured in the course of your employment, you must report your injury as soon as possible after the injury. You are required to get treatment from the School District’s panel doctor for the first 90 days.

10. Can I treat with my own doctor?

Under Pennsylvania law, you must treat with a panel doctor during the first 90 days of treatment. When you reported your injury, your supervisor or principal gave you a list of the panel doctors. Click here for the panel doctor list.

11. Who will pay for my medication or treatment?

The School District through its third party administrator will pay for all authorized treatment or medication during the first 90 days of treatment. Thereafter, the School District only pays for that treatment determined to be ordinary, necessary and reasonable.

12. The doctor provided me with a prescription. How do I get the prescription filled?

When you report your injury, your supervisor or principal will provide you with a packet. This packet contains a printed medical card that needs to be filled out with your name and your claim number (which your principal or supervisor will get at the time he or she reports the accident). Cut the card out of the form. You can take the prescription to your own pharmacy. You must provide the pharmacist with the completed card at the same time that you present the prescription. The pharmacist will use the card to get permission to fill the prescription at no cost to you.

13. Do I have to use my own accrued time to go for treatment?

The School District has made arrangements with all of the medical providers on its panel to ensure that you can get medical treatment either before or after your appointed work hours. If you choose to have an appointment during your appointed hours of work, this must be arranged with and approved by your supervisor and the appropriate accrued time (if any) will be charged. Occasionally, specialized testing must take place that is only available during work hours. On such occasions, the claims adjuster will work with you, your supervisor, and the Office of Risk Management to craft an individualized approach to the issue.

14. What kind of medical treatment am I entitled to?

You are entitled to all ordinary, necessary and reasonable treatment. The panel doctor will determine what that treatment should be.

15. Can I get a second opinion?

Within the first 90 days of treatment, you are entitled to a second opinion but you must use a panel doctor. You are also entitled to get a second opinion with a doctor of your choice in the matter of possible surgery, but a panel physician must carry out the non-panel doctor’s recommendation if it is during the first 90 days. After the first 90 days of treatment, you are entitled to obtain a second opinion provided you provide notice pursuant to the workers’ compensation statute. Failure to abide by the statute may result in your having to pay for the visit and report.

16. Will I be paid if I lose time from work? If so, how much will I be paid?

The law provides that you are entitled to temporary disability payments while you are authorized to be out of work for your work related injury. The rate of pay is established by the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. The actual amount varies based on a number of factors. Your temporary disability payments may also be affected by your union contract.

17. How long will my temporary disability payments last?

Your temporary disability benefits vary based on your ability to return to work and your union contract. In general, however, your temporary disability benefits are impacted by when you reach Maximum Medical Improvement or until it is determined that you can return to employment either in a light duty capacity or a full duty capacity.

18. When can I expect my first check?

Pennsylvania law provides that you are not entitled to temporary benefits for the first seven days of your disability. Therefore, you should not expect a check during that time period. Thereafter, your temporary disability checks should arrive in the same fashion and at the time that your paycheck would normally arrive. In other words, if you normally get your salary through direct deposit, your temporary disability payments will arrive on the same day through direct deposit. If you get an actual check, your temporary disability payment will arrive as an actual check which will be sent through the normal process. If your disability started during a payroll period or ends during a payroll period, your check or direct deposit will reflect those days were paid as normal salary and those that are temporary disability.

19. What should I do if I do not receive my check?

If you do not receive your payment within one pay period of your injury, please contact the Office of Risk Management at 215-400-4590 and the Office of Risk Management will look into it immediately.

20. How much will my temporary disability check be?

Your temporary disability check will vary based on your wages and your union contract. The calculation for your benefits is based on your prior wage history with the School District.

21. Whose duty is it to communicate medical information to my supervisor?

It is your responsibility to provide your supervisor with the results of your doctor’s appointment. This is because the doctor provides you with the information at the time treatment. If you fail to provide the information to your supervisor in a timely fashion, you may be charged as being out without an excuse, commonly referred to as “F61.”

22. Does the School District provide light duty work?

The School District will make every attempt to provide temporary employment within the restrictions provided by the doctor so that the injured employee has an opportunity to: (1) continue to make his or her normal wages or salary, and (2) ease back into the workplace.

23. I have reason to believe that a co-worker may be faking an injury or that they are as hurt as s/he claims to be. What should I do?

Fraud hurts everyone in the School District. The money paid on fraudulent claims diverts money that should go to teaching all of our children. And while it is hard to know for certain how much is lost each year to fraudulent claims, it either directly or indirectly impacts every aspect of the educational process. If you believe that someone has committed or is committing workers’ compensation fraud, please call either Riccardo Zucaro, Director of Risk Management at 215-400-4590, or the Inspector General for the School District of Philadelphia, at 215-400-4030. Your call will be kept in the strictest confidence.

24. Do I have to use my own accrued time to attend court?


Limited Contracts

1. What is a Limited Contract?

A Limited Contract is a contract for goods or services with a total value of $20,000 or less. The School Reform Commission has approved procedures for handling these smaller contracts. Obtaining approval of a Limited Contract normally takes at least four weeks. More information on Limited Contracts can be obtained at the Office of General Counsel website.

2. What type of insurance is required for my Limited Contract?

The types and amounts of insurance coverage vary according to the services or goods which the vendor is providing to the School District. The complete list of standard insurance requirements can be found at The Office of General Counsel’s website. This list is only a guide. The actual requirements will be addressed during the contracting process.

3. How do I meet the insurance requirements for my Limited Contract?

The terms of your Limited Contract will state the nature of the insurances to be obtained by your vendor. The vendor must:

  • Provide insurance in the amounts and kinds required by the contract or by the goods or services being provided to the School District
  • The insurance must name “The School District of Philadelphia, its agents, officers and employees” as “Additional Insureds”
  • The insurance must meet any other requirement established by the terms of the contract.

 4. For Limited Contracts, what types of services will require additional coverages?

The services for which the District shall require greater amounts of coverage and insurance certificates include, but are not limited to, the following: transportation, construction, the use of watercraft, the use of medical professionals (doctors, nurses, counselors), security services involving police or security guards, services involving financial planning, and services involving the use of hazardous materials.

5. What is the involvement of the Office of Risk Management in the process of approving a Limited Contract?

The Office of Risk Management reviews every Limited Contract to ensure that the risks to the School District’s employees, students and assets are properly addressed. This review involves identifying the risks inherent to the activity and identifying strategies to first reduce and then to transfer the risks peculiar to the activities or contract. The ORM employs a combination of program modifications and insurance as a prerequisite of approval of the Limited Contract.


1. Where can I find the School District’s policies on trips?

The SRC has established a series of broad policies based on the nature and purpose of the trip under consideration. These policies can be found at XXXXX. Please not that policies are reviewed and revised on a periodic basis. Please check the policies prior to planning any trip. For additional assistance, contact your Administrative Division or the Office of Non-Instructional Support.

2. Where can I find a list of approved trips?

The Office of Risk Management maintains a list of approved trip locations pre-approved for purposes of insurance only. These locations do not present special risk factors such as swimming pools or lakes, rock walls, or amusements. You must still obtain the appropriate approvals from your school’s Operations Officer, principal, administrative division or the Office of Non-Instructional Support for approval of trips or activities and any other administrative protocols.

3. How long will a trip remain on the pre-approved list?

Trip sites normally will remain on the pre-approved list for the duration of their insurance coverage. Unfortunately, on occasion, vendors or site locations have their insurance cancelled during the term of the coverage. In such cases the vendor or site must be removed from the pre-approved list. Under such situations, a trip is not allowed to proceed unless and until the issue is resolved to the satisfaction of the School District. Please check to ensure your trip remains on the approved list and contact the ORM if a preapproved trip is removed from the list.

4. I would like to go on a trip that is not on the pre-approved list. What do I need to do?

You must provide the ORM with (a) proper Certificates of Insurance, (b) all contracts (if applicable), (c) all information regarding transportation to and from the trip location, and (d) all appropriate approvals at least 30 days prior to the trip. Transportation must be provided from an approved transportation provider. You must also meet all requirements established by your Operations Officer, principal, and regional superintendent and any other administrative protocols.

5. I would like to get a trip site put onto the pre-approved list. How do I do so?

Once the Office of Risk Management approves an activity site, the District will keep it on the pre-approved list as long as the activity site keeps its documentation current and subject to site inspection by or on behalf of the School District. This will allow you to go to the activity site with a minimum of paperwork. If you have a location that is not on the pre-approved list, proceed with planning the trip as a trip that is not on the pre-approved list but alert us that you would like to get the location added to it. The Office of Risk Management would be glad to work with you and the trip location to get the site added to the pre-approved list so that other schools could benefit without having to duplicate your efforts.

Activities and Events

1. Does the School District allow trips to amusement parks?

No. Although the School District of Philadelphia recognizes that class trips coordinated with daily instruction occurring within the classroom can enhance the learning and understanding of concepts by the pupils, he District has determined that, “Trips to recreational areas, amusement parks, and resorts are not approved.” (Policy 103.1 (c))

2. Does the School District allow carnival rides or moonwalk-type bouncing activities at school spirit days or other events at the school?

No. The risks associated with these types of activities are quite high. They include improper assembly of the portable rides, improper inspection of the rides and improper supervision of the rides. Even if the vendor that you are considering represents that it has not had a claim and has a safety program, too often the representations are not accurate. The risks presented by these activities include not only serious injury, but also deaths, as documented by the number of recorded amusement-ride deaths each year. The School District lacks the resources and expertise necessary to address the risks associated with these activities. As such, the School District has a strict policy against such activities.

3. What, if any, special requirements do I need to follow for catering an event at individual schools or at the Administration Building (440 N. Broad Street)?

Any catering that takes place in any of the School District’s facilities must receive prior approval. Due to the volume of catered events that take place at the Administration Building and at certain schools, a pre-approved catering vendors list has been developed with the Office of Procurement. This list is updated on a regular basis. Due to the volume of requests for insurance reviews involving all of the District’s programs, please allow at least 30 days for approval for any vendor who is not on the pre-approved catering services list.

Insurance Questions

1. What is a Certificate of Insurance?

A Certificate of Insurance is a way for one party to show another that it carries insurance for certain types of losses. While the certificate does not contain all of the details of the insurance policy, such as exclusions or exemptions, it does provide the basic information necessary for business entities to function.

2. Why does the School District request Certificates of Insurance?

The School District is constantly balancing the opportunities to provide diversified educational opportunities with ensuring that these opportunities are executed in the safest manner possible. Unfortunately, in spite of the School District’s best efforts, an injury may arise or damage to the School District’s property may occur. In such an event, the School District, our students, their families and the public want to know that the vendor can be held responsible for their obligations. Some insurance coverages, such as a workers’ compensation and automobile insurance, are required under state law. Likewise, anyone providing transportation to public school students must have appropriate insurance. By obtaining a Certificate of Insurance, the School District is applying industry standards for obtaining evidence of Insurance.

3. How can I get a Certificate of Insurance?

The vendor or activity location must request the Certificate of Insurance from its insurance agent or broker. Generally, the insurance agent or broker will not honor a direct request for a Certificate of Insurance from anyone other than the insured.

4. Can my vendor prepare his or her own Certificate of Insurance to expedite the process?

No. Only the insurance agent/broker is authorized to prepare the Certificate of Insurance. If your vendor prepares the document or alters the document, the document will be rejected. The ORM audits the Certificates of Insurance. If it is determined that the document has not been issued by the insurance agent/broker or if it is determined that the document has been altered, the activity or contract will be canceled. If it is determined that the document was passed to the School District with the intent to commit fraud, the School District will consider criminal prosecution.

5. At what point in the process should I ask my vendor for its Certificate of Insurance?

The Certificate of Insurance is a condition precedent for the contract. A condition precedent is the legal term for “a prerequisite” for the contract. In other words, there is no contract until the insurance is approved. Although the majority of our vendors have worked with the School District in the past, it is strongly recommended that you remind the vendor that it should provide you with a copy of a Certificate of Insurance which meets the requirements of the contract at the time that they provide you with its signed copy of the contract. Failure to do so will only delay the process. The sooner you ask your vendor to obtain the certificate, the sooner final approval can be issued. It is recommended that you give the vendor a copy of the Certificate of Insurance Guide Sheet and instruct your vendor to forward the guide sheet to their insurance broker or agent. The broker or agent issues the Certificate of Insurance, so it is the party that needs the information. Failure to follow this protocol will result in delay of your contract or activity and, if the contract or activity is time sensitive, the request may be denied.

6. How can I make sure that the Certificate of Insurance is complete and correct?

The Office of Risk Management has developed a Certificate of Insurance Review Form to ensure that the Certificate of Insurance contains all the necessary and appropriate information for the Office of Risk Management to complete its review in an expeditious fashion. The ORM does not get the insurance information until all other aspects of the process have been completed. This means that the insurance information may not be presented to the ORM until a month or more after you submitted your documentation. It also means that the documentation may not be received until a couple of days prior to the anticipated commencement of the contract or activity. If the Certificate of Insurance form is incomplete or improperly completed, this will result in the contract or activity having to be delayed, rescheduled or cancelled. When the ORM does receive the Certificate of Insurance, it is a part of the package that contains the contract, LCA or EH — 81. It also contains the review notes developed through the review process. (Sometimes, people will send a Certificate of Insurance to the ORM. Since the ORM does not have the supporting documentation, the certificate has no meaning and therefore does not get reviewed.) By completing the Certificate of Insurance Review Form, you will be able to catch the delinquencies in the Certificate of Insurance, if any, and address them with the vendor thereby avoiding the delay.

7. Does the School District provide Certificates of Insurance?

No. Often, the School District is requested to provide a Certificate of Insurance. A Certificate of Insurance is a document issued by an insurance broker or insurance agent on behalf of an insurance company. It provides evidence that the party providing the document has insurance. The School District does not carry general liability insurance. Instead, the School District is a self-insured entity. Since the School District does not have insurance, it cannot provide a document saying it does have insurance. Under certain limited situations, the School District will issue a Self-Insured Letter. The Self-Insured Letter is issued for a very specific event, date(s) and location(s). The Letter will be issued only after the School District’s program manager or event manager has completed the Request for a Self-Insured Letter. The ORM is the only office authorized to issue a Self-Insured Letter. If a program or event managers issue the Letter, they will not only open themselves up for disciplinary actions, it makes them subject to personal liability if someone gets injured or property gets damaged during the event.

8. What is a Hold Harmless Agreement? What is an Indemnification Agreement?

These are two legal concepts that present the question of “Who will be responsible for any losses arising from a contract or activity?” The Hold Harmless Agreement states that you will be responsible for the losses arising from your contract or your activity. An Indemnification Agreement says that you will reimburse the School District for any losses arising from your contract or activity. Please note: the concepts of Hold Harmless and Indemnification are technical legal terms. This answer is not meant to alter the legal concepts as recognized in this jurisdiction. Please consult your attorney with respect being your rights and obligations under any Hold Harmless or Indemnification Agreements.

9. If a school or a school program is using another School District facility such as a field, auditorium or gym, do they need any type of indemnity agreement, hold harmless agreement or Self Insurance letter?

No, you do not need any special risk mitigation agreements or insurance arrangements for one school to use another school’s facilities.

10.What is the difference between a Certificate of Insurance and a Policy Endorsement?

A Certificate of Insurance provides basic insurance information on a number of insurance policies on a single page. This document is for informational purposes only. An endorsement, on the other hand, provides binding insurance information regarding a particular policy. The Endorsement comes directly from the insurance carrier; the Certificate of Insurance is produced by the insurance agent or broker under the authority of the insurance carrier. The ORM obtains the Certificate of Insurance to allow a program to get started as quickly as possible. Thereafter, the ORM audits program by randomly requesting the actual policy endorsements.

11. I do not have insurance. I do not want to buy an annual policy because the activity is only going to take a day or two. Is there some way that I could buy insurance for only one or two days?

Yes. You can purchase general liability insurance through the school district’s Tenant User Liability Insurance Program, commonly referred to as TULIP. The TULIP program allows vendors to purchase general liability insurance when they are providing services on school district premises for a short period of time. The price is based on the nature of the activity, the length of time of the activity, and whether food is being served at the activity by the person purchasing the TULIP coverage. The coverage is as little as $75 for a one day event. Click here for a TULIP application.

12. What is the TULIP program?

TULIP stands for Tenant User Liability Insurance Program. The District purchases the base premium for this general liability insurance policy. Thereafter, vendors providing services to the District can purchase short-term insurance as an additional endorsement to the policy. The coverage names the School District of Philadelphia as the insured. If an insured loss takes place as a result or during the insured activity, the District is made whole.

13. How do I purchase TULIP insurance?

You must obtain and complete the TULIP insurance form. It is strongly recommended that you obtain and complete the TULIP form and submit it with the Limited Contract or regular contract submission. This will avoid any unnecessary delay in processing your LCA or regular contract.

14. What is an Additional Insured?

An insurance policy is issued to a specific entity known as the Insured. The policy states that it will protect that Insured for certain activities. The School District of Philadelphia requires that entities that do certain types of business with the District name, “the School District of Philadelphia, its agents, officers, and employees” as “Additional Insureds.” This means that the District is also covered under the entity’s insurance policy for the activities that are occurring between the entity and the School District.

15. How do I arrange to have the School District of Philadelphia named as an Additional Insured?

An insurance policy is issued to a specific entity such as the vendor. Most vendors do not buy insurance for a specific School District activity. Rather than requiring the vendor to buy a separate insurance policy naming the School District as one of the insured parties, the School District accepts the vendor’s existing insurance coverage provided that the School District is included as an Additional Insured on the vendor’s existing insurance policy.

16. How much will it cost me to add the School District as an Additional Insured?

The price will vary based on the activity to be insured, the length of time of the activity and in the organization owning the policy. Numerous factors drive the premium and therefore drive the cost of adding an additional insured.

17. What is the difference between an “occurrence” policy and a “claims made” policy?

Under an occurrence policy, there is insurance coverage based on the date of the accident. A “claims made” policy covers the occurrence based on the date the loss was reported. The School District of Philadelphia requires that all insurance, with the exception of the professional liability, be written on an occurrence basis. Professional liability usually is written on a claims made basis, which is why the school district requires at least a multi-year reporting “tail” on professional liability coverages.

18. I am running a program that involves demonstrations, activities or services by outside vendors who are not being paid for their activity or services. Since they are not being paid, do they need to have insurance?

Yes. Insurance is not based on the amount of money a vendor receives, but rather, it is based on the exposure to the students, employees or assets of the school district.

19. How does a vendor meet the School District’s insurance requirements?

Generally, the ORM will accept properly completed Certificates of Insurances that meet the School District’s insurance requirements. The School District does require receipt of the Declaration Pages and or Endorsements prior to the commencement of certain activities or programs. The Office of Risk Management regularly audits the Certificates of Insurance that it receives. During an audit of the Certificate of Insurance, a vendor may be required to provide either the Declaration Page, the Endorsement pages, or both. Failure to be able to provide these documents may result in either a suspension or cancellation of the contract or program.

20. What is Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)?

A form of liability insurance covering wrongful acts arising from the employment process. The most frequent types of claims alleged under such policies include: wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment. The forms are written on a claims-made basis. In addition to being written as a stand-alone coverage, EPLI is frequently available as an endorsement to directors and officers liability policies.

21. What is Educators Legal Liability Insurance?

Educators Legal Liability (or ELL) is a hybrid of traditional directors and officers and errors and omissions coverages. Typical claims covered by ELL include wrongful termination, wrongful dismissal, failure to grant tenure, and negligent counseling. The coverage is designed to cover a broad range of nonbodily injury/non-property damage liability claims made against the administrators, employees, and staff members of either school employees or those working within a school setting.

22. What is Directors and Officers (D&O)?

Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance protects the directors and officers of a corporation against claims of mismanagement of the corporation; it is a form of errors and omissions insurance or malpractice coverage for the directors and officers of a corporation.

23. What is Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance?

Errors and omissions (E&O) is the insurance that covers your company, or you individually, in the event that a client holds you responsible for a service you provided, or failed to provide, that did not have the expected or promised results. For doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc., it is often called malpractice insurance. For lawyers, accountants, architects or engineers, it may be called professional liability. Whatever you call it, it covers you for errors (or omissions) that you have made or that the client perceives you have made.

24. What is General Liability insurance?

General liability insurance protects businesses, including individuals conducting business, against claims for personal injury or damage to property arising from their business activities.

25. What is Workers’ Compensation insurance?

Workers’ Compensation (note, not “Workman’s” Compensation) is state mandated insurance that most employers have to carry to insure their employees for injuries or occupational illnesses arising from the workplace. Precisely who and what activities or injuries are covered vary from state to state.


1. Am I limited in the transportation companies that I use for transporting students?

Yes. Policy specifically provides, “Transportation for trips shall be on School District vehicles or Board approved carriers only.” In addition to the normal risk management issues, there are specific laws controlling the transportation of students. The ORM maintains a list of approved transportation vendors who have met all of the criteria including review by the School District’s transportation unit, the Office of General Counsel and the Office of Risk Management.

2. If I have only 2 or 3 students to transport, can the School District use taxis to transport students to the activities?

No. Pennsylvania law requires that anyone transporting students must have certain insurance coverages and background checks. Obtaining reliable insurance information and background checks from the array of taxi drivers that may transport our students creates too many exposures for the School District.

3. I have students involved in a sports competition or special activity who have been invited to a special event (e.g., the Penn Relays, All City Chess finals, Moot Court competition). Can I transport them in my own car?

No. The School District of Philadelphia’s policy manual is explicit about this. Policy specifically provides, “Transportation for trips shall be on School District vehicles or Board approved carriers only. Private vehicles may not be used.”

There are a number of reasons, including: (1) Pennsylvania law requires that anyone transporting students must have certain insurance coverages, and (2) your personal insurance may not cover you or the student(s) in case of an accident. This means that if you have an accident, your injuries would not be covered under workers’ compensation law because you violated a specific work order. If the student(s) in your car sue you for injuries, your automobile insurance would probably decline coverage as well. This would put your personal assets at risk.


1. What is the difference between an unsafe act vs. an unsafe condition?

Unsafe Act – Performance of a task or other activity that is conducted in a manner that may threaten the health and/or safety of workers. For example:

  • Lack of or improper use of PPE.
  • Failure to tagout/lockout.
  • Operating equipment at unsafe speed.
  • Failure to warnpeople in the area of work activity.
  • Bypass or removal of safety devices.
  • Using defective equipment.
  • Use of tools for other than their intended purpose.
  • Working in hazardous locations without adequate protection or warning.
  • Improper repair of equipment.
  • Horseplay.

Unsafe Condition – A condition in the work place that is likely to cause property damage or injury. For example:

  • Defective tools, equipment, or supplies.
  • Inadequate supports or guards.
  • Inadequate warning systems.
  • Fire and explosion hazards.
  • Poor housekeeping.
  • Uneven walking surfaces.
  • Excessive noise.
  • Poor ventilation.

2. What is considered a safety hazard?

Any unsafe behavior or condition that could lead to an injury of a person or property damage if the behavior or condition is not corrected.

3. What is the AIPP you keep referring to?

The AIPP is the Accident and Illness Prevention Program. It is the comprehensive safety program required by Pennsylvania the Bureau of Labor and Industry Law that includes the safety policies and procedures implemented to protect employees and minimize the risk of workplace injuries. Click here for the Program.

3. Does your office offer training?

Yes, we can provide training on most topics relating to accident and illness prevention.

4. Do you inspect buildings?

Yes, we perform Risk Control Surveys to identify potential safety hazards existing within the facility.