17. What is the Fare Card Application?
- The Fare Card Application is the program that manages the SEPTA Student Fare Card activities. The application is where school officials will assign each student their SEPTA Student Fare Card.
18. How do schools get access to the SEPTA Student Fare Card application?
- The Department of Transportation Services is working with each school to determine who at their location requires access to the new Fare Card application.
- The Fare Card application is accessible through the Single Sign-On screen.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the school official’s contact information.
19. When will eligible students in Compass be listed in the SEPTA Student Fare Card application?
- This should occur 48 hours after a student is enrolled in the Student Information System (SIS) for SDP students.
- The TAR may take 3-4 days to be processed through the Compass system for Charter and Non-Public students.
- Schools will receive an allotment of SEPTA two-trip passes that they can use at their discretion to bridge any anticipated transportation delays.
20. How does a student ride in the afternoon when a SEPTA Student Fare Card is assigned that day, but not active until the next morning?
- At the start of the school year, all fare cards come preloaded with a limited monetary value to facilitate the school opening process. The cards can be used on SEPTA services during school opening before activation.
- During the school year, schools will receive two-trip passes and can use them at their discretion to bridge any emergency transportation situations.
21. How does a school official know which students should receive SEPTA Student Fare Cards?
- The Department of Transportation Services utilizes the Compass system to determine each student’s eligibility to receive free transportation services. Schools must update student information to reflect accurate card counts.
- The new SEPTA Student Fare Card application only lists students who are eligible in Compass to receive a Student Fare Card.
- No Compass processes/procedures will be modified due to the implementation of the SEPTA Student Fare Card system.
22. Will new SEPTA Student Fare Cards be needed for all students at the start of each school year?
- Students who remain eligible for transportation services and are enrolled in the same school as the previous school year will be able to utilize their SEPTA Student Fare Card for the new school year.
- Students who are enrolled in a new school from the previous school year will need to be re-evaluated for eligibility. If deemed eligible, those students will require a new SEPTA Student Fare Card assigned to them for the new school year.
23. Can a school official accidentally enter the same SEPTA Student Fare Card number for two different students?
- No, the SEPTA Student Fare Card application does not allow the same SEPTA Student Fare Card number to be assigned to more than one student.
24. Can a school official enter an invalid SEPTA Student Fare Card number into the system?
- No, the SEPTA Student Fare Card application only accepts Fare Card numbers that have been assigned to that school.
25. A school official assigned a student a SEPTA Student Fare Card and the card did not work. What are the next steps for the official?
- Access the SEPTA Student Fare Card application and check that the SEPTA Student Fare Card number assigned to the student in the application matches the number on the SEPTA Student Fare Card given to the student.
- If the numbers match, and the card is listed as active; either the school resource or the student needs to fill out the SEPTA Fare Card Issues Form.
- Request that the student tries and use the SEPTA Student Fare Card again and provide the student a SEPTA two-trip pass just in case the card does not work.
- If the SEPTA Student Fare Card again does not work, school resources should list the card as damaged and assign the student a new SEPTA Student Fare Card. The new SEPTA Student Fare Card should be active the next day.
- If the number in the SEPTA Student Fare Card application does not match the student’s card, locate the assigned SEPTA Student Fare Card and give the student the correct SEPTA Student Fare Card.
- Check the original SEPTA Student Fare Card given to the student in the SEPTA Student Fare Card application, to determine if it is unassigned. If it has not been assigned it can be put back into your inventory and used at a later time.
- If it has been assigned to another student, you may have to contact the student and see if they are missing their SEPTA Student Fare Card or if there are any issues with their SEPTA Student Fare Card.