Requesting a Stop Payment


The stop payment policy allows schools and/or Program offices to request cancellation of a payment to a particular supplier in certain situations (e.g. lost check, vendor issue, stale-dated check).


School and/or Program Office must submit a written request via email to the Accounts Payable department for a stop payment on a check.

The following information must be provided:

  • Check number
  • Check Amount
  • Supplier Name and Address
  • Supplier Number
  • Reason for the Stop Payment