The School District of Philadelphia provides an annual allotment of $100 to teachers and special administrative staff for the purchase of learning supplies and materials needed for the school year. Due to the pandemic environment , the allowable use will be expanded to include supplies that will aid virtual learning with the exclusion of pre-paid phone cards. The allotment may not be used to pay for Internet Costs. Employees are required to provide receipts indicating the use of the allotment.
Note: The Accounts Payable Department will notify the Payroll Department to recover funds from teachers and special administrative employees that have not provided documentation in the form of receipts to their Principal or Administrator for use of the allotment of $100. The Teacher Allotment increased to $200 for the 2021/2022 School Year.
- Accounts Payable distributes the Teacher Allotment Reports to principals.
- Principals should follow-up with all teachers and/or administrations that received an allotment to obtain receipts.
- Receipts and documents must be maintained in the records at the school for at least three years.
- Approved Teacher Allotment Reports MUST be submitted to Accounts Payable by the due date.
- Deductions will be done by the end of the fiscal year for all unsupported teacher allotments.
- NO adjustments will be made after the end of the fiscal year (June 30).