Teacher and/or Paraprofessional Allotments
The School District of Philadelphia provides an annual teacher allotment of $200 to teachers, special administrative staff and $50.00 to paraprofessional staff for the purchase of learning supplies and materials needed for the school year.
The teacher and paraprofessional allotments may not be used to pay for Internet Costs and Personal Cell Phone charges.
Employees are required to provide receipts indicating the use of the particular allotment they received.
Note: The Accounts Payable Department will notify the Payroll Department to recover funds from teachers, special administrative and paraprofessional employees that have not provided documentation in the form of receipts to their Principal or Administrator for use of the allotments of $200 and $50.00 respectively. The Teacher Allotment increased to $200 in the 2021/2022 School Year and the Paraprofessional Allotment was put into effect in the 2021/2022 School Year.
- Qualified employees for the teacher and paraprofessional allotments will receive their allotment payout via their paycheck at the beginning of the school year.
- Accounts Payable distributes the Teacher and Paraprofessional Allotment Reports to Principals and Administrators.
- Principals should follow-up with all teachers, administrations and/or paraprofessionals that received an allotment to obtain receipts.
- Receipts and documents must be maintained in the records at the school for at least three years.
- Approved Teacher and Paraprofessional Allotment and Reports MUST be submitted to Accounts Payable by the due date.
- Deductions will be done by the end of the fiscal year for all unsupported teacher and paraprofessional allotments.
- NO adjustments will be made after the end of the fiscal year (June 30).