Where can I find my school budget?

To find your school budget and the funds available, login to ‘ERP Finance’ through the Employee Portal.  On the main page, scroll down to the Reporting Dashboard.  In the Reporting Dashboard, select the ‘Funds Available Report’.  You can select the budget year and your schools department (organization code) and select ‘Apply’.  The report will populate with your schools budget, consumption (expenditures + encumbrances), and funds available for spending.

What can summer reorg be used for?

The purpose of Summer Reorg funds is for the registration, rostering, and reorganization of a school’s student population for the new school year. Elementary schools are provided funding 10 days of Secretary work and 2 days for a scheduler; Middle and High Schools are provided funding for 10 days of Secretary work and 10 days of Roster Chair work.

Summer Reorg is not allocated for any other positions. Summer Reorganization days (10 days) and Professional Development days (10 days) for Principals/Assistant Principals (10 months) are NOT included in the Summer Reorganization allotment; the funding is provided in a central budget code.

Any difference between the budgeted amount and the amount spent may NOT be used for other purposes.

How is prep payback handled?

Prep Payback is the process to pay SDP teachers for lost prep coverages that were not made up during the school year. Principals are sent instructions and forms in the fall and again in May of each school year. The principal must verify lost preps and record the information on the form with the requested payment option for the lost preps. The payment can be made in cash, personal leave time, or a combination of the two. The forms are submitted to The Office of Management and Budget for verification. Prep Payback payments are usually processed in late August.

What is the process for trading off a vacancy or changing a position?

The principal should first contact School Based Resource Support (SRS) in Talent to request the change and to verify that the change is allowable. If there are savings, the principal should also indicate to which line they want the savings transferred. Following this chain of communication speeds up the process.

The savings/cost of a position are prorated by month. This means that according to the month, a prorated amount of the position’s value will go back into a school’s budget or will be charged to the school’s budget. This is done to reflect the costs or savings that position has incurred since the start of the school year.

The following is the proration schedule:

September to October – 100% allowed
November – 80% allowed
December – 70% allowed
January – 60% allowed
February – 50% allowed
March – 40% allowed
April – 30% allowed
May – 20% allowed
0% allowed in June

Can I obligate funds this year for services next year?

Schools can use current funds if the services are rendered this year. If the services will be delivered next year, the cost is in the next fiscal year and cannot be paid with current year funds.

How do I calculate benefits for non-full time positions transfers?

To arrive at the total amount for part-time salary transfers, we multiply the salary amount by a given variable benefits rate. We then take that benefit cost and add it to the salary amount to arrive at the total cost of service.

The variable benefits rate changes year to year and is available in the Guide to School Budgets. When asking for a transfer for part-time salaries (overtime, extra-curricular, etc.), the principal should request a total amount that’s inclusive of benefits.