The Oracle ERP system aims at replacing the Advantage Finance, HR, and Payroll systems with a top-tier (shiny modern and new!) system from Oracle.
The Advantage Finance, HR, and Payroll systems have served the District well for 20 years, but technology has evolved to a point where these systems are becoming obsolete and need to be replaced with up-to-date technology. The District has decided to retire the Advantage systems and replace them with an Oracle system, which will be called ERP.
Big changes like these always feel overwhelming but, don’t worry, the ERP team is a big fan of baby steps! We’ve organized this program into a series of carefully planned projects, with lots of training and time for feedback along the way. And we know that at the end of the journey, we’ll all enjoy the improved ease of use and efficiency it’s going to provide.
Who will be affected?
The intent is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our District-wide business functions, specifically:
- Accounting, budgeting
- Procurement (purchasing)
- Capital Programs
- Human Resources
Sounds like everyone, right? Right. Our goal is to design and implement a system that benefits users at all levels within the SDP, from both schools to the administrative buildings. This includes principals, secretaries, admin staff, and even teachers. The new system will allow us to improve our business processes with consistency and transparency across all these functions.
- Identify, define, and streamline critical organizational processes within the Districts Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Provide an integrated business platform for conducting and transacting all ERP business functions.
- Maintain and improve data collection and use, as well as ensure the integrity of data storage and access.
- Incorporate electronic forms and functionality whenever possible.
- Provide alerts and flags on non-conformed transactions in real-time.
- Implement easy-to-develop and use reporting tools that enable staff to meet their information management and reporting needs.
- Implement a business intelligence framework that allows monitoring and tracking of the School District’s performance measures.
- Provide training, education and relevant manuals and other training materials for all elements of the ERP system to School District staff.
This is a big program and it might seem overwhelming. The ERP team is very busy and working really hard to make this project a success while making sure everyone has a positive transition to the new system. Take a look at our Timeline page to better understand when things will be happening.