PLEASE NOTE: During Remote Learning, please follow these guidelines for Identifying ELs:
EL Identification Process (during remote learning, please follow the guidelines ABOVE for Identifying ELs)
Below is an overview of the process. For the complete process, reference the Stepper for Identifying ELs.
Who: Family, Enrollment Secretary
What: Enrollment and EL identification process at neighborhood school
- Family completes Student Registration Form (EH-40) in their preferred language
- Enrollment secretary enters applicable data in Infinite Campus (Section 1: Home Primary Language, Country of Birth, and Date child first enrolled into a U.S. School; Section 2: Student Enrollment History; Section 3: Language Survey)
Who: EL Point Person
What: Initial Testing/Identification
- EL Point Person reviews LEP New Enrollments report.
- See an overall guide to Accessing Data in Infinite Campus here.
- EH-40, and EL Initial Placement Tab and determines who should be tested
- Students who qualify are tested
- EL Point Person enters results in Infinite Campus
- EL Point Person notifies family of testing results
Who: Office of Multilingual Curriculum and Programs
What: Updating EL status
- OMCP staff reviews initial placement results in Infinite Campus and assigns EL status
- EL “flag” is generated in Infinite Campus