EL Identification Process
Below is an overview of the process. For the complete process, reference the Stepper for Identifying ELs.
Who: Family, Enrollment Secretary
What: Enrollment and EL identification process at neighborhood school
- Family completes Student Registration Form (EH-40) in their preferred language
- Enrollment secretary enters applicable data in Infinite Campus (Section 1: Home Primary Language, Country of Birth, and Date child first enrolled into a U.S. School; Section 2: Student Enrollment History; Section 3: Language Survey)
Who: EL Point Person
What: Initial Testing/Identification
- EL Point Person reviews LEP New Enrollments report.
- See an overall guide to Accessing Data in Infinite Campus here.
- EH-40, and EL Initial Placement Tab and determines who should be tested
- Students who qualify are tested
- EL Point Person enters results in Infinite Campus
- EL Point Person notifies family of testing results
Who: Office of Multilingual Curriculum and Programs
What: Updating EL status
- OMCP staff reviews initial placement results in Infinite Campus and assigns EL status
- EL “flag” is generated in Infinite Campus