The MAC helps students and families from immigrant and refugee communities navigate the enrollment and assessment process.
Please note that during the Covid-19 emergency, the enrollment and student screening process is different. Please see the process here.
Students can enroll at any time either at their neighborhood school or at the MAC. For more information please go to our Enrollment page.
- To assist immigrant families with the enrollment and identification process
- To assess potential English Learners (ELs)
- To review foreign high school transcripts award credits
- To determine program and school placement (ESOL, Dual Language, Newcomer Learning Academy, etc.)
- To provide social service support for multilingual families through collaboration with community partners