ORE conducted an evaluation of the Early Literacy Specialist Initiative from 2015-16 to 2018-19. Four research reports summarize the findings after four years:
- Implementation of the ELS Initiative
- Teacher Benefits and Changes to Teacher Practice (this report)
- Teacher Turnover and Retention
- Student Achievement during the ELS Initiative
- Almost all teachers (96%) reported they felt at least “a little successful” in at least one practice area as a result of coaching.
- The District-wide average CPEL score (across all practice areas) increased from developing (1.4) to approaching proficiency (2.6).
- On average, the District-wide percentage of teachers considered “proficient” across all practice areas increased 30 percentage points.
Use the button below to download the 30-page report.