Additional services provided by the General Accounting department include but are not limited to the following:
- Consolidated Grant Accounting – Creates financial reporting on Federal and State grants under the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Debt Service Accounting – Properly record and report all activity related to Bonds and long term debt.
- Trust Fund Accounting – Funds comprised of a variety of assets intended to provide benefits to the School District.
- Capital Asset Accounting
- Personal Property – Can be both tangible and intangible, this includes processions as long as those possessions are movable and owned by someone. Personal property isn’t affixed to or associated with land.
- Real Property – Property that is fixed permanently to one location. This includes land, anything that is built on the land, anything that’s growing on the land or that exists under the face of the land.
- External Auditor Liaison – Manages the external financial statement audit preformed by the City of Philadelphia and other State and Federal agencies.
- Social Security Taxes – File the social security tax reimbursement forms with the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Stale Dated Checks – Cancel any check that becomes stale dated and issues a new check.
- Escheated Checks – Properly escheats stale dated accounts payable and payroll checks to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Journal Voucher Preparation – Prepares and records accounting journal entries to record all activity that needs to be reported on the annual financial statements.
- Bank Reconciliations – Completes monthly bank reconciliation and maintains records of all cash receipts and disbursements.
- Provides copies of cancelled checks (payroll and accounts payable)