All school-sponsored trips are expected to adhere to the following conditions:
- Trip site approved by the Office of Risk Management
- Transportation provider approved by the Office of Transportation
- Trip purpose aligned with curriculum and current classroom instruction
- Completed EH-81 (Trip Request form)
- Completed EH-80s (Parental Permission form)
- Schools may not pay or contract with trip-related vendors, or fundraise for trips without full trip approval
- Submission timelines must be followed; late or last-minute requests are not permissible
- Volunteer clearances and paperwork are required for all chaperones attending field trips, per the requirements listed by the Family and Community Engagement office (https://www.philasd.org/face/volunteer/complete-the-volunteer-orientation)
- School nurse notification must be followed. An addendum is provided below with details.
Trips involving a physical activity (ex., bowling, swimming, roller-skating, rock climbing, hiking, etc) require an approved letter from Nancy Nayowith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Health, Safety, and Physical Education.
Out-of-City trips are not considered approved until the designated school-trip personnel receive emailed confirmation of approval from both the Network Office and Chief Schools Office.
Amusement park rides will not be approved under any circumstance. Examples of amusement parks are: Dorney Park, Clementon Park, Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, Disneyland, Disney World, etc. Trips to Sky Zone, Stratosphere, Funplex, trampoline parks and water amusement parks are not approved. Amusement park visits will be approved only when students are invited to participate in a scheduled academic competition and/or performance. Proper documentation must be attached to the EH-81.
Ski trips are only approved on a strict case-by-case basis, as reviewed by the Chief Schools Officer.