The School District of Philadelphia (SDP) will receive over $1 billion in one-time federal funding from the American Rescue Plan Act to help support the growing needs of our students and schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In April 2021, the SDP community was invited to participate in a Budget Engagement Survey to help inform the School District of Philadelphia’s plan to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic a stronger and more equitable school district. More than 12,000 people provided responses to the Budget Engagement Survey.
The top three student learning supports ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Additional supports for Special Education Students
- Discretionary funding for schools (schools can decide how they would like to use the funds)
- An additional Math and Literacy Teacher Leader in every school
The top three building maintenance issues ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Addressing environmental hazards
- Installing air conditioning in buildings
- Improving ventilation in buildings
The top three student social-emotional needs ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Behavioral/mental health services
- Before and after school enrichment opportunities
- Additional athletic opportunities