Educational Options Program (EOP) Exit Survey
About the Program
The Educational Options Program (EOP), formerly known as Twilight School, offers a second chance to adult students who have dropped out and/or were unsuccessful in a traditional full-day high school setting. EOP is the only free, accredited high school diploma-granting option for adults in Philadelphia who have “aged out” of the system.
About the Survey
Beginning in 2016, ORE administered a customized exit survey for students in alternative schools, including the Educational Options Program.The EOP Exit Survey is hosted in Survey Monkey. EOP coordinators and counselors are primarily responsible for ensuring that students complete the survey.
For the 2017-2018 EOP Exit Survey, 227 students with 12th grade status completed the survey from four EOP sites. The respondents ranged from 18 to 66 years old, with an average age of 27 years and a median age of 22. Responses indicated that:
- 68% of EOP 12th graders intend on pursuing post-secondary education after high school, followed by 23% who plan on working
- 57.8% of EOP 12th graders who intend on pursuing post-secondary education within one year of graduation plan on attending Community College within PA
- The majority of students who plan on working after high school intend to work in food services (18%)
- 40.8% of EOP 12th graders strongly agreed that adults at their school gave them a lot of help in applying for college, and 43% strongly agreed that adults at their school gave them a lot of help considering alternatives to college
- Students reported that they would have liked to receive additional practical support, financial planning, and job/career planning while completing their high school diploma
For More Information
EOP Exit Survey Results 2017-18
EOP Exit Survey Results 2016-17