New Password Reminder!
If you have changed your password after receiving the email to do so or clicked on the Change Password link in the Master Login sign in box, you MUST also change your password on any “Smart Devices” that your School District Email account is synced to!!
Failure to do so will cause your email account to become Locked Out!!
Your Account Was Compromised, What Should You Do?
The first thing to do is change your password. Keep your password confidential. Anytime you suspect someone may have learned your password, change it.
Usually, someone only uses your account to send a spam or phishing campaign. However, we see many occasions where the hacker will make changes to your account.
Things You Should Check:
- Click on Preferences
- Click Accounts
- Check your setting for Sent Messages, make sure the Reply-To box is unchecked and a false email address is not added below it.
- Click Filters, make sure a malicious filter was not set. Sometimes the hacker will create a filter with a one letter name. If you see a filter you haven’t created, you can click Edit Filter to see what it is doing. They usually are set to delete incoming email. You can just click Delete Filter.
- You want to check your Trash folder to see if any of your emails have been deleted.
Changing Your Login Password
- From the SDP web page, click on Log In
- Click the icon to the right of your User ID
- Click Account
- It should take you to the Change Your Password page, if not, click Change Password at the top of the page
- Follow the instruction there to change your password.