Welcome to the Office of Benefits. It is our goal to provide employees with comprehensive benefits service with integrity, responsiveness, and sensitivity.
Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS)
Beginning July 1, 2019, there will be changes to the Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS). Click HERE for details on new information and options available under your retirement plan.
We are fortunate to be able to offer an excellent suite of benefits to our employees, including medical benefits, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs). We’re here to answer your questions, from how to get started to when to make changes and who to contact along the way.
- Open Enrollment has ended. Please check your July 12, 2019 for enrollment changes effective July 1.
- Wage Continuation payroll deductions for 10 month based employees will begin on the September 6, 2019 payroll.
- Tele-Medicine, MD Live, is available to all employees enrolled in a District medical plan. Consult a doctor from the comfort of your home with MD Live. Click here for more information on getting started.
- Guidance Resources is available if you need help. Click here for more information.
- Good news! CASA, SPAP, or Non-Represented employees enrolled in District dental coverage through United Concordia have added benefits for 2019. Click HERE for details on your annual maximum and coverage benefit for implants.
- Effective January 1, 2019, AXA Advisors, Lincoln Investment Planning and VALIC are the only approved 403(b) and 457(b) providers. More information is available here.
- If you are enrolled in a District medical plan, you have access to Healthy Lifestyles programs and other resources. More information is available here.
- Independence Blue Cross has prepared WellnessGuidelines to assist you and your family.
- In crisis? Text HELLO to 741741
All employees who have enrolled in Wage Continuation coverage should check their Wage Continuation information through the Payroll Application system. Ten month based employees do not have Wage Continuation payroll deductions in July and August.
How do I check my leave balance?
You can view your leave balance through the Employee Payroll Information application or by checking your paycheck. Your School District of Philadelphia email name and password are used for access. If you do not know the name and password, call the Technology Help Desk at (215) 400-5555 for assistance. Please note that the balances shown are all subject to a post separation audit. Your paycheck references this.
From the School District of Philadelphia main website (http://www.philasd.org) go to the Employee Portal. In the Employee section, enter your email name and password. Your email user name should exclude the “@philasd.org” designation.
Launch the “Payroll Information” application. Enter the last four digits of your social security number when prompted. You can then select Leave Balances tab.
Your Opinion Matters
We need everyone’s input, to help us make our schools great. Complete a survey at https://www.philasd.org/research/programsservices/district-wide-surveys/. Every participant will be entered to win a $25 gift card! We use this survey data to make important changes and decisions in our schools so we are asking for 100% participation from our schools!
Did You Know?
Want an easy way to make an immediate, lasting impact right here, in our schools?
By donating at https://fundamentals.thefundsdp.org, your contribution can go directly to a school project!