Welcome to the Office of Benefits. It is our goal to provide employees with comprehensive benefits service with integrity, responsiveness, and sensitivity.
We are fortunate to be able to offer an excellent suite of benefits to our employees, including medical benefits, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs). We’re here to answer your questions, from how to get started to when to make changes and who to contact along the way.
- Guidance Resources is available if you need help. Click here for more information.
- If you are represented by CASA, SPAP, or Non-Represented and enrolled in District dental coverage through United Concordia, your contract year is changing to December 31, 2018. Click here for information.
- Effective January 1, 2019, AXA Advisors, Lincoln Investment Planning and VALIC will be the only approved 403(b) and 457(b) providers. More information is available here.
- Complete a Well-Being profile through Independence Blue Cross for a chance to win a FitBit!
- If you are enrolled in a District medical plan, you have access to Healthy Lifestyles programs and other resources. More information is available here.
- Independence Blue Cross has prepared WellnessGuidelines to assist you and your family.
- In crisis? Text HELLO to 741741
The Flexible Spending Account Open Enrollment begins November 1 for CASA, Local 634, District 1201/32 BJ, SPAP and Non-Represented Employees. This is your chance to make payroll elections beginning January 1, 2019. Check your District email for further instructions. More information is available here.
All employees who have enrolled in Wage Continuation coverage should check their Wage Continuation information through the Payroll Application system. Ten month based employees do not have Wage Continuation payroll deductions in July and August.
How do I check my leave balance?
You can view your leave balance through the Employee Payroll Information application or by checking your paycheck. Your School District of Philadelphia email name and password are used for access. If you do not know the name and password, call the Technology Help Desk at (215) 400-5555 for assistance. Please note that the balances shown are all subject to a post separation audit. Your paycheck references this.
From the School District of Philadelphia main website (http://www.philasd.org) go to the Employee Portal. In the Employee section, enter your email name and password. Your email user name should exclude the “@philasd.org” designation.
Launch the “Payroll Information” application. Enter the last four digits of your social security number when prompted. You can then select Leave Balances tab.
Did You Know?
Want an easy way to make an immediate, lasting impact right here, in our schools?
By donating at https://fundamentals.thefundsdp.org, your contribution can go directly to a school project!