GET INVOLVED with The COLife Project
The COLife Project is designed to be an interactive space between Artists and Philadelphia students The project is designed to encourage creativity and foster imagination as well as building a creative community intersecting education and cool stuff.
The COLife Project is committed to providing students a safe place to interact and COCreate with artists in the Philadelphia community.
The topics are ever-changing and students can submit videos or podcasts around specific topics.
This is a chance to have your projects seen and heard by a broader audience.
All projects are designed to be able to be completed using multiple forms of multimedia you feel comfortable with. PSTV grants you rights to be as creative as you like in regard to how you get your point across in sharing your story. Feel free to transform your topic into any art form. Ie Video, podcast, photo, writing, graphics, drawing, etc. – *LOOKING FOR MORE TOPIC IDEAS CLICK HERE
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED IN MY BAG TO COMPLETE A PROJECT
* Cell Phone or access to a cell phone with a camera
* Basic editing software for your mobile device
* Access to the internet – https://www.philasd.org/technologyservices/gettingconnected/
* Create a video or podcast highlighting how you are spending your time in the midst of Covid-19
* Compare how your time spent has changed. Please highlight the coping mechanism used to get through these challenging times
* As an artist, highlight how Covid-19 has sparked new artistic projects for yourself
* Tell us what you think the world will look like in next year ( What does the new normal look like to you)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT CHECKLIST
* If you are under 18 please check in with your parent or guardian
* File should be saved and uploaded using the following formats: .MP4 .MP3 . MOV
* Finally, make sure you have all your permission form filled out by a parent or guardian.
* Total length of videos can vary but not to exceed 15 min. ( you can tell a good story in 3 minutes)
SMARTPHONE VIDEO RESOURCES
List of FREE video editing apps for Android Smartphones:
List of FREE video editing apps for iPhone:
The Best Video Editing Tools for Chromebooks
The Best Option: PowerDirector (Android, Free/Subscription) …
The Most Powerful Option: KineMaster (Android, Free/Subscription) …
The Best Web-based Option: WeVideo (Free/Paid) …
The Best for Just Trimming Clips: Google Photos (Android, Free)
Start creating with the leading video editor for Chromebook
No software to download or install. WeVideo is cloud-based, so you can make videos anywhere, anytime–even on the go. …
Works across devices. …
Built-in professional stock library.
List of FREE podcast apps for Android Smartphones: List of FREE podcast apps for iPhone:
1. Must have a signed PSTV waiver filled out by parent or guardian
2. If guidelines are followed your content will air on Comcast/Xfinity 52 and Verizon Fios 20 and www.philasd.org/pstv
Content of programming must NOT contain material which:
1. is disparaging of any racial, ethnic or religious group or discriminates
against anyone based on sex and/or sexual preferences.
2. is defamatory or obscene, as defined by Title 18 of the US Criminal Code of the
Philadelphia Penal Code or breaks any city code or ordinance.
A program is considered obscene if:
a) the average person, applying contemporary community standards for the cable
medium would find the material, taken as whole appeals to prurient (sexual
b) the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct
specifically defined by applicable state law, and the work,
c) taken as a whole lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
3. Content that includes but not limited to Aggravated Assault, Breaking and
Entering, Bullying, Cyberbullying, Mutual Fighting, Possession, Reckless
Endangerment, Robbery, Simple Assault, Theft, Threats, Weapons, Destruction of
Property, District, Drugs, Extortion, Group Assault, Intimidations.
For a Glossary of terms:
4. School Community Member, School Grounds, or Property without prior written
5. constitutes libel, slander, invasion of privacy or publicity rights, unfair
competition, violation of trademark or copyright, or which might violate
any, local, state, or federal law.
6. is protected under copyright law unless written authorization is obtained.
7. contains material designed to promote the sale of commercial products or
8. contains “call to action” or continuous identification during the body of the
programming. PSTV’s Station Manager will have the final say in adjudicating
ambiguous cases is commercial programming that in whole or in part depicts,
demonstrates, or discusses products, services, or businesses with the
intent or substantial effect of benefiting or enhancing a profit-making
9. solicits or appeals for funds or other things of value for any and all
not in accordance with PSTV fundraising and underwriting policies.
10. promotes any lottery or gambling enterprise in a manner, which is in
violation of any applicable local, state or federal law
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org