From March 25 – April 18, 2022, the Office of Research and Evaluation (ORE) surveyed School District of Philadelphia (SDP) stakeholders about what supports should be prioritized in the School District budget for the 2022-23 school year.
There were 483 responses to the survey, and results from these responses were similar to results from the 2021-22 Budget Engagement Survey.
The top three student learning supports ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Discretionary funding for schools (schools can decide how they would like to use the funds)
- An additional Math and Literacy Teacher Leader in every school
- Additional supports for Special Education Students
The top three building maintenance issues ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Addressing environmental hazards
- Installing air conditioning in buildings
- Building brand new schools to replace current buildings
The top three student social-emotional needs ranked by respondents as most important were:
- Behavioral/mental health services
- Before and after school enrichment opportunities
- School counselors