The School District of Philadelphia does not offer tuition assistance for employees, but has partnered with several educational institutions. Some partners offer discounts to District employees and family members. Please contact the educational partner directly for more information.
Strayer University Scholarship Opportunity:
In response to seeing a need for real change—the kind that comes from informed leaders and committed citizens—Strayer University has founded the Fellows for Justice Scholarship program. This Fellowship program will support the next generation of social justice leaders build the talent and leadership skills required to respond to and lead the work necessary to mitigate social and economic inequalities.
The Fellowship will award up to 50 full scholarships toward a bachelor’s degree at Strayer University. Fellows can pursue degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Information Technology, or Marketing. As part of the Fellowship, students learn from social justice leaders, participate in discourse, and create positive action through experiential learning and professional development.
To prepare to lead social justice initiatives on their own after graduation, Fellows work with community organizations to complete meaningful and impactful social justice-related projects. Due to the collaborative nature of the Fellowship work, applicants for the 2021 cohorts must reside locally in Washington D.C., Minneapolis, MN, Charlotte, NC, Philadelphia, PA, or Atlanta, GA metropolitan areas.
As a benefit of the partnership, you have access to over 140+ online Bachelor’s, Masters, and Certificate programs that SDP employees and their family members have access to. All Education programs are 30% off and most Bachelor’s programs are 40% off.
Drexel University Online offers:
- 10% to 40% discount
- 40 education online programs at the bachelor, masters and doctorate levels
- Flexibility of an online format/Deferred billing
- Multiple certification programs including Special Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Reading Specialist, Teaching English as a Second Language, Wilson Language Level I, Instructional Technology, and School Principal certification.
- The value and prestige of a Drexel University degree
Please enter the ONLINE.DREXEL.EDU/SDP link into your browser. This link will take you to your partner page that will list all program pricing and details for the School of Education.
Drexel University School of Education
In addition to Drexel Online’s education program offerings, Drexel University’s School of Education is proud to offer our flexible EdD in Educational Leadership and Management to School District of Philadelphia employees at a significant discount on regular tuition.
Benefits of Drexel’s EdD program:
• 30% discount for School District of Philadelphia employees
• Available as a 100% online or as a hybrid executive weekend format. Hybrid students take core courses in-person one weekend a month at Drexel. All other courses are taught online
• Flexible part-time program to meet busy schedules and budgets. Students can take 1 or 2 courses per term
• 9 Concentrations meet student interests and needs:
o Athletic Administration
o Creativity and Innovation
o Educational Administration (includes Superintendent Letter of Eligibility)
o Educational Policy
o Global and International Education
o Higher Education
o Human Resource Development
o Learning Technologies
o Special Education Leadership
• One-on-one advising to keep students on track for graduation. School of Education advisors create custom plans of study for each EdD student
• Supervising professors assist students with their dissertation research
Have questions about the program? Prospective students can contact the School of Education’s EdD program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-6770 for more information about the program and to find out about upcoming information sessions.
Eastern University is a small, private institution located on the mainline in St. Davids and City Ave PA. We are committed to small classrooms and delivering education curriculum that is informed by a diversity, trauma-informed and mental well-being perspective. Faith, reason, and justice are the three pillars on which our institution stands, and we are thrilled to be able to offer a 25% discount for most programs to Philadelphia School District teachers, staff, and administrators in our pursuit of providing employees with the education and tools they need to effectively engage with their students and community. Most programs are available fully online with in-person field experience.
We offer the following programs:
- Teacher certifications in Prek-4, Middle Level 4-8, Secondary 7-12 (Chemistry, Biology, Math, English, Social Studies) and and PK-12 Special Education **Intern certificate available for uncertified teachers
- Specialty teaching certifications in Reading, ESL, and Special Education
- Non-teaching certifications in School Nursing, School Counseling, School Psychology, Principal Certification, and Supervisory certifications
- M.Ed in Multicultural Education
- M.Ed in Reading
- M.Ed in Special Education
- M.Ed in TESOL
- M.Ed in School Health Services
- M.Ed in School Counseling
- M.Ed in Curriculum & Instruction
- M.Ed in Educational Leadership
- MS & Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in School Psychology
- PhD in Organizational Leadership with Education focus
*The Associate of Arts, EdD and PhD programs are not eligible for the 25% discount
For more information, apply online for free or call 1.800.732.7669 to speak directly with an enrollment counselor.
Holy Family University is proud to offer our Master’s, Doctoral, and Certificate only programs to the School District of Philadelphia employees. Our programs will begin in August 26th in both our Online and Blended formats. All of our Master’s and Certificate only programs are $499 per credit hour, which is a 33 % discount off the on-campus tuition. Please contact Holy family for details about the Doctoral program.
Masters of Education
Educational Leadership with Principal certification
Reading Specialist Certification
Special Education Certification
Special Education Advanced Practice with Autism Endorsement
TESOL and Literacy with ESL Certification
Initial Certificate – Early Elementary
(Certificate only programs available)
Educational Leadership and Professional Studies (Ed.D)
Master’s and Certificate only Program Highlights
- 33% tuition discount—save $753 per course
- Discounted tuition is guaranteed for the length of the program
- Blended program combines a personal cohort experience with the convenience of an online format
- Fully online format also available for some programs
- Financial aid and “pay-as-you-go” plans are available
Here is the link to our Programs information page. This link contains detailed information about the programs including our step-by-step admission process, program requirements, and course descriptions.
Holy Family University offers Off-Campus Masters’ and Doctoral Programs in Education.
Through this partnership, Peirce College – Philadelphia’s oldest non-profit college dedicated to adult learners – offers District employees and their families significant benefits, including:
- 25% tuition discount
- Waived application fee ($50 value)
- Career-related master’s, bachelor’s, and associate degree programs
- Flexibility of Peirce Fit™ across entire curriculum
- Online and on campus tutoring and student support services
All of Peirce College’s programs are now offered with the flexibility of Peirce Fit™, a life-friendly way to earn a degree where you can choose week-to -week to attend class on campus or online. Peirce Fit offers you the flexibility to never miss a class and stay on track even when demands on your time change at a moment’s notice.
Peirce also recently launched the first competency-based degree in IT in Philadelphia – one of only six programs in the entire country, to give current IT professionals the most direct route to earning their college degree.
Peirce Admissions and Financial Aid Specialists are available to help all district employees and their families with the admissions and financial aid process.
Due to a large demand, Peirce College will be holding an online financial aid workshop once again for any employee (not just those interested in attending Peirce) Thursday, June 11, 2020 from noon to 1 pm. Those interested may register at:
Questions that will be addressed are:
What if I already filled out the FAFSA based on last year’s income but now my family income is different this year? How to amend the report.
What are the basic steps for filling out a financial aid form?
What do I need to know about filling out my FAFSA for my children going to college next year?
Are there deadlines I should be aware of?
How to apply for extra scholarships,loans and grants?