The School District of Philadelphia offers Health and Well Being Initiatives to employees and their families who are enrolled in medical coverage. Your Independence Blue Cross member ID card does more than just cover you when you’re sick, it also gives you access to a variety of member-exclusive programs, services, discounts, and deals. For more information visit , IBC Reimbursements or Working Advantage or Blue 365 Deals
We all know firsthand that this year was unlike any other. With all the added stress you’re dealing with, we want to make sure you’re checking in on your emotional well being. We make it easy to get the support you and your family need with tele-behavioral health and customized online programs. Here’s three ways to reach out:
- You are eligible for five (5) free in person or virtual counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program, Guidance Recourses. Call 833-812-5180 and identify yourself as a School District of Philadelphia employee or family member. TDD: 800.697.0353 Click here for more information.
- Connect with a counselor through your Keystone or Personal Choice medical coverage. To schedule a virtual visit , call 1-800-688-1911 or search for provider. Specialist co-pays apply.
- Use MDLive to schedule behavioral health appointments. Click the Virtual Care Flyer for more information. Specialist Co-pays apply.
What can counseling do for me? Counselors work most with people dealing with difficult life transitions, like divorce, health challenges, relocation, work stress, and family/parenting issues. Working with a counselor, you have a partner to help you reflect, explore insights and implement choices. If you are ready to seek counseling to address whatever challenges you are facing, you should not be embarrassed. In fact, you should be congratulated for having the prudence to ask for help. The medical benefits offered through the District provide several options for you to access counseling services information. These services carry a specialist co-pay which ranges from $25-$35 and covers traditional counseling with network providers and we offer virtual Telebehavioral visits through MDLive.
We are pleased to offer all employees and their families access to support through the ComPsych Guidance Resources. There is no cost to employees or their families and all information is confidential. No personally identifiable information is sent to the District. This support is designed to assist employees and their families in resolving personal problems (e.g., marital, financial or emotional problems; family issues; substance/alcohol abuse).
- On the web: www.guidanceresources.com Web ID: SDP
- By phone: 833-812-5180 TDD: 800.697.0353
- Now Offering Virtual Counseling. Click here for more information.
Looking for additional counseling services? Click here for information on benefits covered by your SDP insurance. Learn more about our EAP in the below video.
The School District of Philadelphia’s Independence Blue Cross plan provides employees up to 6 visits per year with a registered dietitian — at no cost. Nutrition coaching can help you lose weight, boost immune health, gain energy, sleep better and manage stress!
We’ve partnered with two vendors who offer virtual nutritional counseling.
- Health Fitness Connections LLC offers one-on-one nutritional service between you and a registered dietitian. A registered dietitian will help you navigate your dietary and nutrition needs as it relates to your health and wellness concerns. Counseling services provide a personalize experience, your registered dietitian will create a dietary plan and provide tips and strategies based on your specific needs. Dietitians can help not only with Weight Loss & Management but can help you with Disease Management (Diabetes Prevention & Management, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol etc), Stress Management, Healthy Cooking Strategies and planning Grocery Shopping and much more!Click here to book your free nutrition counseling appointment with a Health Fitness Connections registered dietitian. Session are conveniently conducted by video chat or phone.
- THE CHARGE GROUP offers convenient telehealth nutrition visits from the ease of your phone or computer. CHARGE is offering all staff a complimentary initial visit regardless of your insurance plan. Signing up is easy! Click here to get started today.
Headspace: meditation made simple
Headspace is proud to support Pure Edge and K-12 educators through a free one-year subscription! Studies show Meditation can help with personal wellbeing. With short, easy-to-follow meditations, you’ll learn breathing, visualization, and focus-based exercises that are designed to help you live a healthier, happier life. There are meditations for stress, sports, sleep, focus and creativity. Train your mind for a healthier, happier life. It’s a personal meditation teacher, right in your pocket! Learn whenever you want, wherever you are. It only takes a few minutes to change the rest of your day.
Well Being Profile:
Complete a Well-Being profile through Independence Blue Cross to be entered in a monthly raffle to win a FitBit! Click Well-being Member Step-by-Step Guide for detailed instructions.
Oral Health leads to better health!
Do you think about the relationship between your diet and oral health? Eating breakfast is key to a healthy mouth. Cheese is one of the best foods to prevent cavities. Intrigued? This Dental Health flyer covers how making better nutritional choices can boost your oral health.
If you are interested in participating in the Freedom From Smoking program, please email email@example.com from School District of Philadelphia email address for more information. Space is limited and is only offered to School District of Philadelphia employees.
If you are enrolled in District medical coverage, you may be eligible for reimbursement. More information is available at: Member Tobacco Cessation Reimbursement
Get free help with quitting tobacco by visiting: http://smokefreephilly.org
Weight Management and Fitness Programs:
Visit a participating registered dietitian or network doctor up to 6 times a year at no cost to you if you are enrolled in School District of Philadelphia medical plan. Contact IBC at 1-800-ASK-BLUE for a list of participating providers.
|Gym Reimbursements through IBC.||School District of Philadelphia YMCA|
|Member Weight Management Reimbursement||foodfitphilly.org/|
Health Coaches are registered nurses who are available to answer your health-related questions and help you meet your health goals. You can speak to a Health Coach 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-ASK-BLUE (1-800-275-2583; TTY/TDD: 711). School District of Philadelphia-dedicated Health Coaches for all employees with SDP medical coverage.
Debra Haas, RN, BSN, CCM 215-640-7592
Stay on top of personal health information, screening reminders, health tips, and more!
Exclusively for Independence members, IBX Wire™ is a mobile communication service that gives you a direct connection with Independence so you stay informed.
Text IBXSDP to 73529 or call 1-888-700-1078 to sign up for text alerts today.
We have partnered with Health Fitness Connections to offer our staff FREE participation in various weight loss, fitness and wellness challenges.
Health Fitness Connections’ challenges are focused on weight loss; improving overall health; wellbeing, fitness level, and dietary habits. Their personal trainers and registered dietitians will support you, be a reliable resource and provide accountability throughout the challenge. You will also have access to their new mobile app which will allow you to track your fitness activity and calories, workout to their On-Demand fitness videos, and much more! Rewards may be offered for completing their challenges! Click here to join one of Heath Fitness Connections’ upcoming challenges.
Baby BluePrints® Maternity Program
If you’re an expectant mother, you want to ensure you have the healthiest pregnancy and delivery possible. Baby BluePrints is Independence Blue Cross’ comprehensive, free maternity program that supports pregnant members from the first trimester through delivery to home and continues with the 24/7 availability and phone support of Registered Nurse Health Coaches.
When you enroll in Baby BluePrints, a Health Coach will assess your pregnancy, screen for depression, and answer your questions about taking care of yourself and your baby at this special time. High-risk pregnancies will be referred to a Registered Nurse Health Coach specially trained in maternity care for additional assessment and follow up.
Enroll by calling 1-800-598-BABY (1-800-598-2229).
This interactive wellness and population health portal offers you and your dependents online tools that include videos, care outlines, a symptom checker, the ability to email with a wellness coach and other features offering a fact-based wellness experience. In light of COVID-19, the HealthyLearn wellness portal has been expanded to include a host of new materials devoted exclusively to dealing with the coronavirus and how to cope with the new challenges. Visit the site or for directions on how to download the HealthyLearn mobile app, click here.
Questions? Contact us at EmployeeWellness@philasd.org.