How do I submit a resignation?

Please download and submit the Retirement-Resignation Form and Checklist to our office. We can accept emailed copies of signed scanned forms at Retirement @philasd.org, Forms faxed to (215) 400-4681 and original forms mailed or hand delivered to our office.

What does is “vesting” mean?

Vested means you are eligible for a monthly retirement benefit after termination of employment. Your membership class determines the vesting rules as follows:

Class T-C or Class T-D:You have at least five (5) years of service with at least one (1) year of qualifying service rendered after July 1, 2001. OR You are age 62 or older with at least one year of service at termination of employment.

Class T-E or Class T-F: You have at least 10 years of qualifying service OR You are age 65 or older with at least three (3) years of service at termination of employment.

You can refer to “Options When Leaving Service” or the PSERS publication Your PSERS Benefits and Leaving Employment (PSRS-9580) for more information regarding benefi ts for vested members.

What is the difference between retiring and resigning?

We ask that you submit a resignation if you are not vested with PSERS. See the meaning of vesting above.