Open Enrollment has now closed. The next Open Enrollment is May 1. 2023
Open Enrollment has now closed.
- Medical changes are effective July 1 and effective in the July 8, 2022 paycheck.
- Life insurance coverage for SSAs is effective July 1.
- Wage Continuation cancellations are effective July 1 and effective in the July 8, 2022 paycheck.
- Wage Continuation enrollments are effective August 16, 2022 for both 10 and 12 month based employees. Employees must be an active employment status at the time of enrollment or applications will be held.
- Life insurance beneficiaries can be changed at any time.
- Changes can only be made to your health coverage within 30 days of a qualifying life event such as marriage, birth of child, loss of employer coverage, etc.
Open Enrollment is the month of May every year. Responses and supporting documents are due by midnight, May 31. This is your time to make any changes to health coverage, Wage Continuation, or life insurance options without a qualifying life event. Forms are available May 1 through May 31.
During the year, if you experience a Qualifying Life Event, like the birth of a child, marriage or divorce, you can make changes to your medical coverage within 30 days of the event by submitting an SDP Health Application and Attestation Form with supporting documentation of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
May is also the Open Enrollment period for voluntary benefits offered through Winston. These benefits are available to employees not represented by the PFT. Please visit the Voluntary Benefits page for more information.
What’s new for July 1, 2022?
- Effective July 1, 2022, and reflected in the paycheck dated 7/8/2022, there will be a 2.5% increase for medical premiums contributions, which will range from as little as $0.40 to a maximum of $2.95 per pay. See the Premium Co-Share page for per pay costs.
- CASA represented employees have an HMO Keystone 15 medical plan option.
- Supportive Services Aides (SSAs) have the option to purchase term life insurance through payroll deduction. Coverage amounts are either $2,000 for $0.16 a month or $25,000 of term life coverage for $2.00 a month
- Non Represented employees have a reduction in per pay cost for the Personal Choice 20/30/70. This does not impact Non Represented employees who are grandfathered in the Personal Choice 20/30/70 at 5% of premium.
- Employees can elect additional term life insurance through Benefit Harbor through the month of May. Payroll deductions are post tax. Benefit Harbor can be contacted at (888) 391-3841 or https://www.memberbenefitlogin.com/ees/psd.html
- Employees except those represented by the PFT can elect voluntary benefits through Winston at http://mysdpbenefits.com/. See the Voluntary Benefits for more information.
Open Enrollment Zoom Office Hours
|May 23, 2022 12:00-1:00||Zoom Registration|
|May 26, 2022 1:00-2:00||Zoom Registration|
Medical Enrollment change requests and supporting documents received from 5/1/2022 through 5/31/2022 are effective 7/1/2022.
Premium changes, if applicable, will be reflected in the paycheck dated 7/8/2022. PFT and SPAP members must have completed 4 or more years of service in order to elect Personal Choice medical coverage.
ID cards are mailed by Independence Blue Cross to your address of record with the District. You can verify your enrollment by registering and logging into the web portal at www.ibx.com or download the free IBX app for your iPhone or Android.
If you enrolled in or added a dependent to a Keystone HMO plan, you must designate a primary care physician (PCP). You can designate a PCP at 1-800-ASK-BLUE (1-800-275-2583) or online through your www.ibx.com account or mobile app.
Please contact the Payroll Department, email@example.com if you require an address change.
Wage Continuation changes are effective as follows:
All cancellations are processed effective 7/1/2022. Deductions for 12 month employees will stop beginning in the 7/8/2022 paycheck. For employees who work 10 months and do not have deductions during the summer, verify that no deduction is taken from your 9/2/2022 pay check.
Wage continuation enrollments are effective 8/16/2022 and deductions will start with the 9/2/2022 pay for both ten and 12 month employees.
*Wage Continuation requests for employees out on leave will be held until they return to active service.
SDP LIFE INSURANCE
If you enrolled in the SDP $2,000 or $25,000 Life insurance policy with a premium co-share, deductions will be in the paycheck dated 7/22/2022 and continue in the second pay of each month.
If you do not see your requested Open Enrollment change, please contact the Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Union||Options and Rates|
|PFT||All enrolled members will have a payroll deduction on the second paycheck of the month. You will see a deduction labeled “Life Ins” in the second pay of each month. You can view your paycheck from the Employee Payroll Information app in the employee portal.|
|If you have a $0.16 deduction, you are enrolled in the $2,000 policy|
|If you have a $2.00 deduction, you are enrolled in the $25,000 policy|
|SPAP||You have two life insurance policy options.|
|$20,000 policy paid in full by the SDP.|
|A supplemental $25,000 policy is offered at $2.00 a month or a supplemental $2,000 policy is offered at $0.16 a month. You are enrolled in both the $20,000 and either of supplemental polices if you see a $2.00 or $0.16 deduction labeled “Life Ins” in the second pay of the month. You can view your paycheck from the Employee Payroll Information app in the employee portal.|
|Local 1201/32BJ||$25,000 policy paid in full by the SDP.|
|CASA||$25,000 policy paid in full by the SDP.|
|Local 634||$20,000 policy paid in full by the SDP.|
|Non-Represented/ROTC||$45,000 policy paid in full by the SDP.|
RATES: Plan costs are listed on the Premium Co-Share page.
|PLAN||634||CASA||PFT||SPAP||Non Rep/ ROTC|
|Personal Choice $25 / $35 / 50%||X||X|
|Modified Personal Choice 320||X||X|
|Personal Choice $20 / $30 / 70%||X||X|
|Select Drug Program $10/$15/$25||X||X||X|
|CIGNA Dental PPO||X||X||X|
District 1201/32 BJ employees: medical, prescription, Vision and Dental coverage is provided by your national union. You will need to contact 32 BJ at 877-605-8300 for medical Open Enrollment information.
Local 634 and PFT employees: Prescription, Vision and Dental coverage is provided by your Union Health and Welfare Fund. Contact information is below.PFT Health and Welfare Fund 1816 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (215) 561-2722 PFT Health and Welfare Contact Form Local 634 UNITE HERE! 215-440-0245 Benefits administered by Associated Administrators 833-228-9212
Not sure what documents to submit for your spouse/child/dependent? Check the required Dependent Eligibility Documents.
Not sure your payroll cost for medical coverage starting July 1, 2022? Check the current Premium Co-Shares page.
Need help comparing the plans for the next Open Enrollment period?
For CASA members deciding between Personal Choice 20/30 or Modified Personal Choice 320 plans or Keystone 15, view the CASA side by side comparison chart.
For PFT and SPAP members deciding between Personal Choice 25/35 or Keystone 20 plans, view the SDP PFT HMO vs PC side by side plan year 2020-2021. Employees must have completed 4 years of PFT or SPAP service in order to elect Personal Choice medical coverage.
View the Resources page for tips on submitting documents electronically.
Get the most out of your health coverage with Independence Blue Cross with the IBX App and Wellness tools:
Using the IBX Mobile app:
Using Achieve Well-being Wellness programs:
Member example of using the tools and resources on ibxpress.com:
Here is our most recent video walking members through the ibxpress member site and recent enhancements: