Continuation Of Benefits
Your Benefits and Additional Resources After Leaving Employment
If you have resigned/retired from employment, you may be eligible to continue benefits through COBRA under the school district of Philadelphia. For more information your available options click here or access the FAQS for Post Employment Coverage under the Office of Benefits on the School District of Philadelphia website. You may also contact them here.
If you have ended employment and need to update your address or access your last pay stub you may contact payroll directly for assistance. To make changes to your address, please click here for more information on the process.
Aside from your pension account, the School District of Philadelphia is pleased to offer 403(b) and 457(b) plans for all employees.
Effective January 1, 2019 the approved vendors are AIG Retirement Services (formerly VALIC), EQUITABLE Advisors (formerly AXA), and Lincoln Investment Planning. MetLife and TIAA are no longer approved TSA providers effective January 1, 2019.
MetLife and TIAA clients will be receiving a letter with specific instructions from the District. For a copy of the letter please click here.
If you are interested in opening an account, please contact the vendor of your choosing below:
|Company Name||Company Contact Name||Contact Phone Number
|EQUITABLE Advisors||Ernest L. Repice|| (800)-628-6673
(888) 660-4108 Plan Member balances
|AIG Retirement Services||Karen Savage||(877) 889-1589|
|Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc.||April Reavy||(800) 242-1421 ext 1434|
Philadelphia Public School Retired Employees Association
The Philadelphia Public School Retired Employees Association (PPSREA) is a membership organization that seeks to promote a general feeling of convenience and satisfaction among all retired school employees within the school district of Philadelphia. Membership includes:
· Opportunities to socialize with old friends and make new ones.
· Support of the health and welfare needs of members.
· You will receive informative newsletters and bulletins to keep you up to date.
· Legislative activity to protect and improve our pensions.
· Regional meetings and workshops to discuss issues of concern to retirees.
· Attendance at subsidized luncheon meetings featuring outstanding programs.
For more information visit them at http://www.ppsrea.org/
Pennsylvania Association of School Retirees
PASR is an association comprised of members who are all retired employees of the public schools of Pennsylvania. Membership is comprised of teachers, administrators, counselors, nurses, secretaries, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, and maintenance staff – in short, anyone who is receiving a pension from the Public School Employees Retirement System.
PASR’s mission is to serve others in need and help one another enjoy retirement.
Membership in PASR includes:
· A year round presence in Harrisburg.
· Representation for all retired School District of Philadelphia employees who receive a pension check from the Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS).
· Protecting, securing and obtaining additional for school retirees.
· Receiving quarterly News Bulletins with pertinent information.
For more information visit them at https://www.pasr.org/
Please click here to be directed to the Social Security website, where you can find information on Retirement, Disability, SSI and Medicare.
Also, for our Spanish-speaking employees (or family members) the Social Security Administration has just made their online financial planning tool, the Retirement Estimator, available in Spanish.