Tune Up Tuesday is a series of engaging and interactive professional development opportunities that empower teachers, promote collaboration, and provide teachers with a variety of next-day strategies to help them “tune up” their craft!
Tune Up Tuesdays are a paid professional development opportunity open to all district PreK to 12th-grade teachers. Twice a month, Tune Up Tuesday offers a variety of sessions, where teachers get to choose the session that is most relevant their growth. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, Tune Up Tuesday 2020 will be held virtually on ZOOM. Every session is ACT-48 eligible and is aligned to school district goals to support students emotionally and academically. Each session has time allotted for the application of a targeted skill or strategy in order to ensure that teachers leave confident in their abilities to implement what they have learned to their classroom the next day.
2020-2021 Session Dates & Locations:
|Zoom Session 1:||Zoom Session 2:|
|September 15||September 22|
|October 13||October 27|
|November 10||November 24|
|January 12||January 26|
|February 9||February 23|
|March 9||March 23|
|April 6||April 20|
*All sessions run from 4:00-5:30pm
2020-21 Partner Offices & Featured Topics
Tune Up Tuesdays are offered thanks to partnerships between the Office of Teaching and Learning and the following district offices:
- Office of Climate and Safety
- Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Office of Educational Technology
- Office of Family and Community Engagement
- Office of Multilingual Curriculum and Programs
- Office of Prevention and Intervention
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibility
- Office of Specialized Services
- Career and Technical Education
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
This year, Tune Up Tuesday’s featured topics will include:
- Educational Equity & Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Virtual Learning Best Practices
- Technology Integration using Google Apps for Education (G Suite), Chrome Apps, and SMART Notebook
- Instructional content and practices (math, literacy, science, social studies, and arts and music education)
- Family and Community Engagement
- Classroom Climate and Culture
Participation & Compensation:
Tune Up Tuesday is advertised on Cornerstone, the Teacher Information Board, the Tune Up Tuesday Website, and through teacher e-mail distribution lists. Principals can also recommend teachers whom they believe would benefit from session content. Prior to each event, participants should search and register for a Tune Up Tuesday session on the PD Calendar in Cornerstone. Participants should bring a fully-charged laptop and any relevant planning materials to each session and should be ready to practice and to apply the new content and be open to feedback from colleagues and facilitators.
While participants in all roles that support our students are welcome at Tune Up Tuesday, payment and Act 48 credit will be awarded solely to participants categorized as Pre-K through 12th-grade teachers within the district. Employees classified as “other than teacher” cannot be paid. Pre-K through 12th-grade teachers will receive two Act 48 credits and payment at the contractual hourly PD rate for each session they attend. Counselors will also receive two Act 48 credits but cannot be paid. Payment takes six-to-eight weeks (three-to-four pay cycles) for processing. Paychecks will include the pay code “TUT” in order to help teachers to identify Tune Up Tuesday compensation.
For additional questions regarding Tune Up Tuesday, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.