School-Based Professional Development Supports
The Professional Learning Specialists (PLSs) in the Office of Teaching and Learning are resources available to all K-12 schools. PLSs provide guidance and direct, intensive support for professional learning via three, distinct approaches: Instructional Leadership Teams, Teacher Leader Development, and PD workshops at the school level. Supports are aligned to prioritized school goals which are targeted for one semester.
Successful partnerships between PLSs and schools necessitate:
- A leadership team eager to actively participate in professional growth for themselves and their staff.
- A school that does not already have partnerships with supports that may duplicate this work
- A commitment to frequent, intensive collaboration between the PLS, leadership team, and school staff
Principals who are interested in working with a PLS will complete an interest survey to initiate the process. The application window for semester 2 supports will open November 13 and will close December 7.
Support window availabilities
- August 20 – December 21, 2018
- January 2 – April 26, 2019
Interest survey completion windows
- April 3 – May 1, 2018 for Semester 1
- November 13 – December 7, 2018 for Semester 2